FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MEDIA CONTACT: Susie Y. Wong susie.wong@NAPOABlue.org
LAW ENFORCEMENT RECRUITERS FOCUS ON FASTEST GROWING ETHNIC GROUP IN NATION—ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICANS
National Asian Peace Officers Association to convene August 18-21 in San Diego
As the fastest growing multicultural segment in the U.S., there exists a real opportunity for Asian Pacific Americans in law enforcement careers and a greater challenge to further increase and diversify the work force. As a consequence, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies will participate in a career fair for Asian Pacific American officers, local community members and students.
CAREER FAIR AND EXHIBITORS:
- California Highway Patrol
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- U.S. Secret Service
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Air Marshals Service
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Social Security Administration, Office of the Inspector General
- Los Angeles Police Department
- Los Angeles Airport Police
- San Francisco Police Department
- San Diego Police Department
- Riverside County Sheriffs Department
- Aurora Police Department
- Chula Vista Police Department
- DeVry University, Justice Administration Program
- National University
- California Southern University, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Department
- Focus Investment Advisors
- 5.11 Tactical Series
- U.S. Armor
- Custom Ear Pro
DATE & TIME: Mon., Aug. 18 and Tues., Aug. 19: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Wed., Aug. 20: 8 a.m. – Noon
LOCATION: Manchester Grand Hyatt, 1 Market Place, San Diego, CA 92101
VISUALS: Federal, state and local law enforcement agencies with booths at career fair, law enforcement officers, community members and students, booths with law enforcement related products.
INFORMATION: The National Asian Peace Officers’ Association Career Fair is open to the public at no cost. For more information, visit www.napoaonline.org.
BACKGROUND: The National Asian Peace Officers’ Association was established in 1980 with 22 chapters representing all ranks from municipal, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies from across the nation. NAPOA is committed to building stronger relationships with the communities its law enforcement officers serve and represent, recruiting and mentoring new officers, preparing and supporting officers in the promotions process, and working with law enforcement leaders to increase and diversify the work force.
# # # # #
For more information on the National Asian Peace Officers’ Association and the Career Fair, please visit http://www.napoaonline.org.